(a) The commissioner or the commissioner’s designee shall prepare and maintain a written policy statement to ensure implementation of a program of equal employment opportunity under which all personnel transactions are made without regard to race, color, disability, sex, religion, age, or national origin. The policy statement must include:
(1) personnel policies, including policies related to recruitment, evaluation, selection, appointment, training, and promotion of personnel that are in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 21;
(2) a comprehensive analysis of the division work force that meets federal and state guidelines;
(3) procedures by which a determination can be made of significant underuse in the division work force of all persons for whom federal or state guidelines encourage a more equitable balance; and
(4) reasonable methods to appropriately address those areas of underuse.
(b) A policy statement prepared under this section must:
(1) cover an annual period;
(2) be updated annually;
(3) be reviewed by the civil rights division of the Texas Workforce Commission for compliance with Subsection (a)(1); and
(4) be filed with the Texas Workforce Commission.
(c) The Texas Workforce Commission shall deliver a biennial report to the legislature based on the information received under Subsection (b). The report may be made separately or as part of other biennial reports made to the legislature.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993. Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 980, § 1.11, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 1.007, eff. September 1, 2005.