(a) The division shall release information on a claim to:
(1) the Texas Department of Insurance for any statutory or regulatory purpose, including a research purpose under Chapter 405;
(2) a legislative committee for legislative purposes;
(3) a state or federal elected official requested in writing to provide assistance by a constituent who qualifies to obtain injury information under Section 402.084(b), if the request for assistance is provided to the division;
(4) the attorney general or another entity that provides child support services under Part D, Title IV, Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 651 et seq.), relating to:
(A) establishing, modifying, or enforcing a child support, medical support, or dental support obligation; or
(B) locating an absent parent; or
(5) the office of injured employee counsel for any statutory or regulatory purpose that relates to a duty of that office as provided by Section 404.111(a).
(b) The division may release information on a claim to a governmental agency, political subdivision, or regulatory body to use to:
(1) investigate an allegation of a criminal offense or licensing or regulatory violation;
(A) unemployment compensation benefits;
(B) crime victims compensation benefits;
(C) vocational rehabilitation services; or
(D) health care benefits;
(3) investigate occupational safety or health violations;
(4) verify income on an application for benefits under an income-based state or federal assistance program; or
(5) assess financial resources in an action, including an administrative action, to:
(A) establish, modify, or enforce a child support, medical support, or dental support obligation;
(B) establish paternity;
(C) locate an absent parent; or
(D) cooperate with another state in an action authorized under Part D, Title IV, Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 651 et seq.), or Chapter 231, Family Code.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993. Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 76, § 9.43(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1995; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1426, § 5, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 2.023, eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 289 (H.B. 1774), § 6, eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1150 (S.B. 550), § 71, eff. September 1, 2018.