(a) The office shall develop and implement a policy to encourage the use of:
(1) negotiated rulemaking procedures under Chapter 2008, Government Code, for the adoption of office rules; and
(2) appropriate alternative dispute resolution procedures under Chapter 2009, Government Code, to assist in the resolution of internal and external disputes under the office’s jurisdiction.
(b) The office’s procedures relating to alternative dispute resolution must conform, to the extent possible, to any model guidelines issued by the State Office of Administrative Hearings for the use of alternative dispute resolution by state agencies.
(c) The office shall:
(1) coordinate the implementation of the policy adopted under Subsection (a);
(2) provide training as needed to implement the procedures for negotiated rulemaking or alternative dispute resolution; and
(3) collect data concerning the effectiveness of those procedures.
(d) The office’s alternative dispute resolution policy does not affect the manner in which the office participates in the division’s administrative dispute resolution process or the department’s alternative dispute resolution process through the office’s administrative attachment to the department.
Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 289 (H.B. 1774), § 2, eff. September 1, 2011.