(a) This section applies to a chiropractor who performs chiropractic services under this title as:
(1) a doctor performing peer review of chiropractic services;
(2) a doctor performing a utilization review of a chiropractic service provided to an injured employee;
(3) a doctor performing an independent review of a chiropractic service provided to an injured employee;
(4) a designated doctor providing chiropractic services;
(5) a doctor performing a required medical examination; or
(6) a chiropractor serving as a member of the medical quality review panel.
(b) A person described by Subsection (a) who reviews a chiropractic service provided in conjunction with a specific workers’ compensation case must be licensed to engage in the practice of chiropractic.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1218 (H.B. 2004), § 1, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1330 (H.B. 4290), § 16, eff. September 1, 2009.