(a) The board shall adopt rules as necessary to collect data on lost time and return-to-work outcomes of each state agency to allow full evaluations of successes and of barriers to achieving timely return to work after an injury.
(b) The office shall:
(1) collect and analyze data from each state agency regarding lost time, including sick leave and annual leave used by an injured employee;
(2) identify state agencies that need additional training or case management services related to return-to-work services;
(3) modify as necessary the office’s assessment computation to encourage state agencies to effectively reduce workers’ compensation costs;
(4) incorporate as necessary return-to-work goals developed by the division of workers’ compensation under Section 413.025;
(5) work with the workers’ compensation research and evaluation group to develop analytical tools to assist the office with its duties under this section;
(6) require state agencies to report information in a standardized format;
(7) monitor the information reported by each state agency; and
(8) evaluate the information provided under this section to determine outcomes over time for each state agency.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 407 (S.B. 908), § 2, eff. September 1, 2007.