(a) Each state agency shall report to the director for each fiscal year:
(1) the location, timing, frequency, severity, and aggregate amounts of losses by category of risk, including open and closed claims and final judgments;
(2) loss information obtained by the state agency in the course of its administration of the workers’ compensation program;
(3) detailed information on existing and potential exposure to loss, including property location and values, descriptions of agency operations, and estimates of maximum probable and maximum possible losses by category of risk;
(4) estimates by category of risk of losses incurred but not reported;
(5) information the director determines necessary to prepare a Texas Workers’ Compensation Unit Statistical Report; and
(6) additional information that the director determines to be necessary.
(b) The information shall be reported not later than the 60th day after the last day of each fiscal year.
(c) This section does not apply to an institution of higher education or university system. In this subsection, “institution of higher education” and “university system” have the meanings assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1098, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Amended by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1017, § 1.08, eff. Sept. 1, 2002.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1049 (S.B. 5), § 6.13, eff. June 17, 2011.
Acts 2019, 86th Leg., R.S., Ch. 19 (S.B. 612), § 4, eff. September 1, 2019.
Acts 2019, 86th Leg., R.S., Ch. 573 (S.B. 241), § 1.40, eff. September 1, 2019.