(a) In this section:
(1) “Informal network” means a health care provider network described by Section 413.011(d-1) that:
(A) is established under a contract between an insurance carrier and health care providers; and
(B) includes a specific fee schedule.
(2) “Voluntary network” means a voluntary workers’ compensation health care delivery network established by an insurance carrier under former Section 408.0223, as that section existed before repeal by Chapter 265, Acts of the 79th Legislature, Regular Session, 2005.
(b) Not later than January 1, 2011, each informal network or voluntary network must be certified as a workers’ compensation health care network under Chapter 1305, Insurance Code.
(c) Effective September 1, 2007, each informal network and voluntary network must provide the following information to the division:
(1) an executive contact for official correspondence for the network;
(2) a toll-free telephone number by which a health care provider may contact the informal network or voluntary network;
(3) a list of each insurance carrier with whom the network contracts; and
(4) a list of each entity associated with the network working on behalf of the insurance carrier, including contact information for each entity.
(d) Each informal network and voluntary network shall report any changes to the information provided under Subsection (c) to the division not later than the 30th day after the effective date of the change.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1177 (H.B. 473), § 3, eff. September 1, 2007.