(a) The treating doctor shall submit a change of status report to the carrier and the injured worker, or his or her representative, as provided in § 42.30 of this title (relating to Written Communications) within seven days of:
(1) determining that the patient has achieved maximum medical recovery;
(2) releasing the patient to return to work; or
(3) receiving notice that the patient has changed treating doctors.
(b) If there is no permanent medical impairment, this shall be noted. If there is permanent impairment, the treating doctor may elect to perform an examination prior to writing the change of status report.
(c) The change of status report shall contain the following information:
(1) all identifying information required by § 42.30(d) of this title (relating to Written Communications); and
(2) all pertinent objective findings such as loss of member, description of scars or deformities, visual acuity, measured ranges of motion, strength, measurable atrophy, muscle spasm, reflex changes, sensory changes, and physical and occupational restrictions.
The provisions of this § 42.55 adopted to be effective October 20, 1988, 13 TexReg 4990.